The industrial activities and company history of the ASSMANN family is already starting in the 18th century. ASSMANN & Söhne did produce at that time metal buttons for the clothing industry and as well medal decorations for the military. Later on in the 20th century ASSMANN & Söhne became famous for being one of the pioneers for heat sink technology.
Parallel to the company ASSMANN & Söhne another company named ASSMANN KG had been established in 1969 and Dieter Assmann started in this company his activities around the development and production of IC sockets and IDC connectors for flat cable applications. In the 80's Dieter Assmann combined and controlled both product ranges, the heat sink and the connectors, in the company ASSMANN GmbH, which became later the ASSMANN Electronic GmbH. During these times, another product segment has been developed, so called computer- and network peripherals. This business showed a tremendous growth under the leadership of the sons.
Due to this development, in 2005, the management functions for these product segments, heat sinks and connectors, had been handed over to new share holders, which became as well the managing directors, Mr. Weidenhammer and Mr. Walter, which combined these activities within the new established ASSMANN WSW components group under shareholder-ship of the ASSMANN GmbH & Co. KG.
ASSMANN WSW components quality
Continuous quality control and following the Zero Defect Strategy the ASSMANN WSW components group has been set as main target. Qualifications according to DIN ISO 9001:2008 and DIN ISO 14001:2005 have been first important steps on this way. Prerequisite is to work only with certified and / or audited partners. To reach the qualification according to QS 9000 and ISO TS 16949 for the manufacturing plants is another target. At ASSMANN WSW components QUALITY is written in BIG letters.
- 1969 Establishment ASSMANN KG, Germany, Headquarter
- 1982 Establishment ASSMANN GmbH, Germany, Headquarter
- 1987 Establishment ASSMANN Frankreich
- 1988 Establishment ASSMANN USA
- 1989 Establishment ASSMANN Taiwan Branch Office
- 1992 Establishment ASSMANN Polen
- 1993 Establishment ASSMANN Österreich
- 1996 Establishment ASSMANN Kroatien
- 2001 Establishment ASSMANN Schweden
- 2002 Establishment ASSMANN Slovenien
- 2003 Establishment ASSMANN Litauen
- 2004 Establishment ASSMANN China
- 2005 Establishment ASSMANN WSW components GmbH, Germany, Headquarter
- 2005 Establishment ASSMANN WSW components s.r.o.,Slovakia
- 2006 Establishment ASSMANN WSW Beteiligungs GmbH, Germany
- 2006 Establishment ASSMANN WSW Verwaltungs GmbH, Germany
- 2006 Establishment ASSMANN WSW GmbH & Co. KG, Germany
- 2008 Establishment ASSMANN WSW components Ltd, Hong Kong, China
- 2008 Establishment ASSMANN WSW components R.O., Dong Guan, China
- 2008 Establishment ASSMANN WSW Slovakia s.r.o., Slovakia
- 2009 Transfer of ASSMANN WSW components s.r.o. into ASSMANN WSW components k.s., Slovakia
- 2011 Merger of ASSMANN WSW components Incorporation, Arizona, USA